It’s important to have the right packing materials when preparing for a move. The better you prepare your goods for the trip, the more likely they are to arrive at your destination in the same condition. Having your goods professionally packed by our team can save you time and eliminate any uncertainty of your own packing ability. For more information on our packing services, click here .
If you would like to pack your own items, click here to purchase packing materials and boxes through MiniMoves. It is important to use new boxes when you're packing, because they will hold up much better during the move than old boxes that are being reused.
When you pack your own items, it is important to remember the following:
- Label each box with the name of the room where the items should go at the destination location, and a brief description of what’s inside.
- For boxes that should remain upright, draw large arrows pointing in the direction of the way the box should be positioned.
- Make sure boxes are packed with enough items that the goods do not move around, but not so tightly packed that the box is difficult to close or carry.
- Pack heavier objects at the bottom of the box.
- Make sure boxes are securely sealed with tape on the bottom and top sides.